Wednesday, September 24, 2008

60's Sears Tote Cycle

Just got this in the mail today. I bought it from one of the members of the fine site ratrodbikes.com. I had a newer folding bike several years ago and absolutely loved it. It eventually fell apart (cheap chinese components) and I must have given it away. I've always wanted a vintage folding bike ever since I saw a white peugeot folding bike from the 60's back when I lived in Bloomington. This isn't a folding bike per se, but the frame does come apart via two wingnuts which hold the front and back together. I don't think I'm going to paint this one. I plan on cleaning it up, polishing the chrome and riding it around.






1 comment:

Lugschicago@gmail.com said...

I just restored one of these. It's now appearing in an art show. Nice bike