Sunday, August 24, 2008

Swiss Army bike


I remember seeing a Swiss Army bike several years ago at Brooke's Army Navy Store here in Indianapolis. It was one of the coolest bikes I'd ever seen. It was also one of the most expensive, at about $900! This month I decided to make my own version. I used an old Murray road bike as a basis for this project. I painted the frame green, made a custom frame bag from an old Italian Army jacket that I bought at a garage sale a couple of years ago, and I recovered a very vintage saddle with camoflauge fabric. There are several things I still need to do, but so far it's looking good.

2 comments:

James said...

Hello! I recently got a hold of a genuine Swiss Army bike, but it is sans the briefcase-like bag under the top tube. How'd you go about making yours from the jacket?

Unknown said...

same here, i need that frame bag!!!
swiss army bikes are so cool.